IMPORTANT: ADF 2020 Summer Season Update
It is with incredible sadness that we share that we have made the important decision to cancel the 2020 ADF season, which includes the Summer Dance Intensive, the Pre-Professional Dance Intensive, and the Dance Professional Workshops. In caring for the well-being of our community, it feels like the only option, and we need to do it now because of all of the implications of waiting longer. We are heartbroken for the lost opportunities for all of the artists, teachers, students, audiences, staff, interns, and ADF fans.
Students who have applied received more detailed information via email about refunds on payments, including any deposit and/or tuition payments, as well as deferring acceptance and scholarships. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund the $50 application fee.
As you make your way through these uncertain times, we encourage you to keep dancing. Draw upon all that you know by virtue of being a dancer, fully embodied, endlessly creative, and passionately driven.
ADF Staff are working remotely. You may reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 50% of ADF Summer Dance Intensive students receive some form of financial assistance. Students dependent on a scholarship to attend the ADF School are urged to apply early and explore multiple avenues of financial assistance in addition to ADF’s scholarship offerings. Click here for ADF’s “Self-Help Guide to Financial Assistance”. All ADF scholarships are awarded based on financial need.
Students who are awarded scholarships or work-study positions will only be offered one type of scholarship or work-study position. (For instance, you cannot receive a scholarship of any kind plus a work-study position, nor can you receive a Leadership Scholarship and a Matching Tuition Scholarship.) To increase the chances of receiving financial assistance from ADF, you may apply for more than one scholarship.
deadlines are March 2 and april 1, 2020.
There are three types of scholarships available for the Summer Dance Intensive. Learn about each of them by clicking the buttons below.
scholarship Deadlines & Submission details
March 2: Scholarship Application Deadline #1 (Early Decision)
March 15: 1st Scholarship Awards Announced
April 1: Scholarship Application Deadline #2
April 15: 2nd Scholarship Awards Announced
Submitting Scholarship Documents
Please submit the following through your online application to be considered for Scholarships:
- Complete your online application for the Summer Dance Intensive, pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee, and wait for your application to be accepted.
- Once accepted, indicate your interest in applying for a Leadership, Work-Study, and/or Matching Scholarship in your online application.
- Upload all required materials for your scholarship as detailed on this page.
- Upload a copy of your parents’ most recent Tax Form 1040 (first page only).
ONLINE MEDIA & FILE SUBMISSION
How to submit/upload media or other files in your application:
- Upload your media or other files within your scholarship application when applying online.
- To upload your files when applying: Click on the + sign and drag/drop your files or add them from a folder. Once uploaded, you may edit, change or remove any file. The editing feature allows you to title and provide a description for your files.
Important information regarding scholarships
- Students who are awarded scholarships or work-study positions will only be offered one type of scholarship or work-study position. (For instance, you cannot receive a scholarship of any kind plus a work-study position, nor can you receive a Leadership Scholarship and a Matching Tuition Scholarship.) To increase the chances of receiving financial assistance from ADF, you may apply for more than one scholarship.
- Please read all of the scholarship descriptions and submission material lists carefully, and remember that applying for a work-study position requires submission of a separate letter of recommendation and resumé.
- Only students who have submitted all required documents will be considered for a scholarship. Incomplete and inaccurate applications will not be considered.
- Pursuant to Duke University policies, criminal background checks will be conducted on potential work-study students and bus drivers. Students who do not pass the criminal background check will forfeit their scholarship.
- Tax forms:
- If you are filing your own taxes but your parents still claim you on their taxes, you MUST submit your parents tax forms.
- Please only submit the first page of the 1040, which lists the adjusted gross income and number of dependents.
- In addition to the tax forms, applicants are welcome to submit supplementary information to help the scholarship committee understand the full spectrum of the student’s financial need. This opportunity is available in the scholarship application, but can also be submitted separately via email or mail.