Rennie Harris Puremovement American Street Dance Theater invites 2020 Summer Dance Intensive students to perform with them in Rennie Harris LIFTED on Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19 at 7:30pm.
Rennie Harris LIFTED is an evening length gospel house work featuring a live choir. Through this work, Harris addresses the topics of morality, spirituality and community. Rennie Harris LIFTED is based on the organic spiritual tapestry of House music and dance which is often referred to as going to “church.”
Dance style you will learn to perform in the Rennie Harris LIFTED:
Rennie Harris LIFTED is based in House dance, a social dance and street dance primarily danced to house music that has roots in the clubs of Chicago and New York. The main elements of House dance include Footwork, Jacking, and Lofting. House dance is often improvised and emphasizes fast and complex foot-oriented steps combined with fluid movements in the torso, as well as floor work.
- If you’re interested, audition via video using this form. Click on HOW TO APPLY below for details.
- If selected, you’ll need to learn the choreography on your own before you arrive in Durham to work with the Company.
- Arrive in Durham in time for 5pm rehearsals on Thursday, June 11.
- Rehearse with the Company Thursday, June 11 – Tuesday, June 16. You’ll rehearse 20 -25 hours total and potentially participate in community engagement activities on these days.
- Engage in technical and dress rehearsals on Wednesday, June 17 & Thursday, June 18.
- Perform on Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19 at 7:30pm, and attend ADF’s Opening Night Fête if you like, too.
how to apply
Submit all materials using this form by Friday, March 27:
- Provide us with your artist bio, a headshot or dance/action photo, and a video of you performing the dance material that’s in the two videos attached here. Please submit this as a link (Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo, iCloud, etc.).
- Apply for the Summer Dance Intensive program (apply by April 1 for scholarship) online.
- Complete all of the above by Friday, March 27. We can’t accept any late audition materials!
- Stay tuned! We will let you know if the Company wants you to perform with them by Friday, April 24.