Summer 2020 Tuition
|DPW Tuition||$875||Per workshop, $300 deposit is nonrefundable, credited towards tuition|
Summer 2020 Optional Fees
|Single A/C Dorm||$300*||Weekly rate (6 nights)|
|Double A/C Dorm||$235*||Weekly rate (6 nights)|
|Dorm Key Deposit||$125||Required for dorm residents, refunded after the program|
|Parking||$5* per day||Parking permits can be purchased once students arrive to campus. These permits are also valid at 300 Swift (on-campus housing).|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50||For students who require bank to bank wire transfer|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
*These fees are estimates. Finalized amounts will be confirmed in early Spring 2020.
The application fee and tuition are the only required fees. All other fees listed above are optional. Certain fees will be required depending on the student’s housing and personal preferences.
- Dorms cannot be guaranteed unless paid by May 15, 2020.
how to apply
We are currently not accepting applications.
- Fill out an online application form. (Summer 2020 Online Application available November 15, 2019!)
- Complete the following within the online application:
- Submit a résumé of your dance training, education, and professional experience
- Submit $50 non-refundable application fee (not credited toward tuition).
- If applying for financial assistance, please see the specific instructions on the scholarship page for additional submission materials required. Students may apply for scholarships once they have been accepted into the program. Students may receive either a tuition discount or a scholarship, but may not receive both.
The ADF does not require an audition to enroll in the Dance Professional Workshops.
For technical issues with the Acceptd online application, call or email 888-725-2122 or email@example.com.
ADF offers a tuition discount to members of NCDEO, NDEO, or an ACDA Institution. These members will receive a 20% tuition discount off any one workshop, or a 20% discount off total tuition if attending multiple workshops. When completing your online application for the DPW program, you will be asked if you are a member and to specify which organization. Tuition discounts will be applied to your online application upon acceptance into the program.
If applying for financial assistance, please see the specific instructions on the scholarship page for additional submission materials required. Students may apply for scholarships once they have been accepted into the program. Students may receive either a tuition discount or a scholarship, but may not receive both.
|April 1||Scholarship application deadline|
|April 15||Scholarship Awards announced|
|May 15||Payment due in full|
|May 15||All completed forms due|
|May 15||Last day to withdraw and receive a refund, less the $300 deposit, $50 application fee, and a $40 withdrawal fee.|
HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
Participants in all programs must provide ADF with proof of adequate health insurance coverage. Students are responsible for obtaining adequate coverage on their own. Proof of coverage must be provided before arrival. Students will not be allowed to take class until the ADF School office has their insurance information on file – no exceptions!
how to make a payment
- Applicants submit payments for the application fee, deposit and program through their online application. Applicants can access their application by logging in to their Acceptd online account and clicking the yellow “continue” button next to their ADF application to continue on to the next application or payment phase.
- When completing the initial online application, applicants must submit a $50 application fee.
- Once accepted into the program, the applicant will be taken into the scholarship phase where they can apply for all scholarship opportunities available at ADF! No payments required at this phase of the application.
- After submitting the scholarship application (or selecting they do not want to apply for scholarships), applicants will be moved into the $300 deposit phase and must complete the deposit to confirm their spot in the program within 30 days of acceptance.
- Applicants may also call to make a payment over the phone or mail a check.
- For payment assistance, please contact our online registration platform (Acceptd) through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 888-725-2122.
- ADF accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
- Personal checks
- Bank check, certified check, or cashier check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708.
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the May 15th deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PAYMENTS MADE IN PERSON, OVER THE PHONE, OR BY CHECK MAY NOT APPEAR IN YOUR ADF ONLINE ACCOUNT immediately. SCHOLARSHIPS MAY ALSO NOT SHOW UP IN ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL THE ADF OFFICE FOR UPDATED ACCOUNT INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING A PAYMENT.
ADF requires a minimum level of enrolled students for each Dance Professional Workshop and reserves the right to cancel the program if that minimum is not met by May 15, 2020. Students traveling from out of town are advised to wait to book travel until this enrollment minimum is reached. ADF takes no responsibility for student’s air travel and housing fees if the program is cancelled. Please contact the ADF Office for enrollment updates prior to purchasing flights or booking housing.
- Summer 2020:
- May 15, 2020: All paid tuition (less the $300 deposit), housing and meal fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 16–start of respective week 2020: Tuition (less the $300 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed note from a doctor is required. Housing and meal fees will be refunded in full.
- After program begins: Tuition will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated housing and meal fees will be refunded if a student leaves the festival early with approval from Duke University.
- All withdrawals from a program will incur a $40 withdrawal fee. ADF refunds, if applicable, will be processed within 3-4 weeks of withdrawing.
After Summer Refunds
- Refunds for dorm key deposits will be refunded by December 2020, after ADF receives final billing from Duke University.
The ADF School welcomes and encourages students from around the world to apply to the ADF School. International students enhance the ADF community and contribute to the education and personal growth of fellow students and faculty. Over the years, ADF has hosted students from many countries including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Guyana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad, to name just a few.
ADF can provide limited support for obtaining a J-1 visa to attend ADF. International students who need a visa to attend ADF should email email@example.com EARLY so that the visa is obtained in a timely manner. Visa appointments may need to be booked as early as three months in advance of the festival.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.