Artistically [ADF is] the most important gathering of modern dance professionals and students in America. –Wall Street Journal
Why Give to ADF?
With your support, we realize the mission of ADF to preserve, promote, and present modern dance throughout our community and the world.
ADF SUMMER FESTIVAL
During ADF’s incredible 6 1/2-week festival, you experience and share the vibrancy of world class dance performances and over 420 people benefit from ADF’s educational programs, which offer the highest caliber training to future professional dancers and choreographers as well as current dance educators.
- Provide scholarships for talented young dancers and choreographers to insure the future of ADF.
- Invest in the performances and commissions that appear on the festival’s stages each summer.
- Keep ticket prices affordable and help us build a diverse audience.
- Preserve our modern dance history through archival efforts.
ADF DANCES YEAR ROUND
- Support the Samuel H. Scripps Studios and continue the impact of our summer program throughout the year for individuals of all ages through workshops, master classes, and informal showings.
- Introduce underprivileged youth and non-traditional audiences to modern dance through our community outreach classes and ticket programs.
ADF IN THE WORLD
- Support international cultural exchange programs so ADF can continue to develop modern dance around the world.
Learn more about giving levels and benefits here.
Donors to ADF are a vital part of the dance community. There are many ways to give to ADF. Whatever way you wish to participate, we are grateful for your generous support.
Ways to Give to the ADF
ADF FUND contributions support performances, choreographic commissions, student scholarships, and community programs at the Samuel H. Scripps Studios. Additionally, the ADF Fund supports programs that introduce underprivileged youth to the joy of modern dance and keep our archives open to scholars of the art form.
Endowment/Planned Giving contributions ensure that everything the ADF does will continue to happen in the future. Endowments also offer an opportunity to recognize someone in perpetuity by naming a permanent fund in a designated size.
Matching Gifts can double your contribution through this simple program. Many employers are willing to match donations made to non-profit organizations by their employees. Please request a corporate gift form from your employer and submit it with your contribution.
Stocks are another way you can give to the ADF. A gift in the amount of appreciated stock may provide you with capital gains tax advantages. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney prior to any transactions to confirm the specific benefits of your contribution.
Honorary and Memorial Gifts allows you to make a donation as a gift in honor or memory of someone important in your life. Tribute donations can also be made to commemorate special occasions, including holidays, birthdays and weddings. A tribute letter will be sent to the person(s) you designate and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to you. This letter serves as your tax receipt. Please note: It can take up to 4 weeks to process your honorarium or memorial letter.
For more information contact Diana Hoffmaster email@example.com 919-613-2187
ADF’s Online Donation Refund Policy
In the event that you have inadvertently made an online donation to the American Dance Festival (ADF) in an amount you did not intend, please contact our development office by phone (919) 684-6402. Refunds and/or adjustments will gladly be made within 30 days of notification of a donation.
ADF does not provide refunds for the purchase of event tickets or sponsorships.