SUMMER 2019 TUITION & FEES:
Summer 2019 tuition includes the cost of all classes, tickets to performances during the three weeks, and extra curricular activities.
|Room & Board||$1,640*||Double A/C dorm room + 3 meals per day|
|Dorm Damage & Key Deposit||$175*||Required for dorm residents, refunded after the program|
|Commuter Lunch Meal Plan||$285*||Required for all commuters, covers 1 lunch meal 7 days per week|
|Student Health Center Fee||$70|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50||For international students who require bank to bank wire transfers|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
*These fees are estimates. Finalized amounts will be confirmed in early Spring 2019.
- The application fee and tuition are required fees. All dorm residents must purchase the Room and Board fee and Commuter students are required to purchase the Commuter Lunch Meal Plan.
- Dorm rooms cannot be guaranteed unless paid by May 1, 2019.
how to apply
- Fill out an online application form.
- Complete the following within the online application:
- Demonstration of dance skill level via live or video audition
- Personal Statement via video audition
- Instructor Assessment Form
- Submit $50 non-refundable application fee (not credited toward tuition).
- If applying for financial assistance, please see the specific instructions on the scholarship page for additional submission materials required. Students may apply for scholarships once they have been accepted into the program.
For technical issues with the Acceptd online application, call or email 888-725-2122 or email@example.com.
Audition & Application requirements
Visit the Audition and Application Requirements page for details.
Due to the rigor of this program, dancers applying should currently be enrolled in at least ten hours of training per week and have a minimum of three consecutive years of prior dance training with a strong technical foundation.
Students that were previously accepted into and/or have attended the Pre-Professional Dance Intensive may submit a shorter video audition for both the demonstration of dance skill and their personal statement, and should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm further instructions prior to applying.
APPlication deadlines & important dates
Application Deadlines 2019
|February 1||Application deadline #1 (early decision)|
|March 1||Application deadline #2|
|April 1||Application deadline #3|
Applicants are notified of their acceptance into the program 1-2 weeks following a deadline (or a live audition).
scholarship deadlines 2019
|February 15||Scholarship application deadline #1 (early decision)|
|April 1||Scholarship application deadline #2|
Applicants are notified of their scholarship decision 1-2 weeks following a deadline.
IMPORTANT DATES 2019
|April 1||Final application deadline|
|May 1||Final payment due|
|May 15||All completed forms due|
|May 15||Last day to withdraw and receive a refund, less the $300 deposit, $50 application fee, and a $40 withdrawal fee.|
|June 29||Arrive at ADF!|
|July 20||Student performance for the ADF community and your families! Depart ADF.|
HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
Participants in all programs must provide ADF with proof of adequate health insurance coverage. Students are responsible for obtaining adequate coverage on their own. Proof of coverage must be provided before arrival. Students will not be allowed to take class until the ADF School office has their insurance information on file – no exceptions!
DUKE UNIVERSITY STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
For basic health needs that can be taken care of in a clinic, Duke University allows ADF students the option to pay a Student Health Center Fee and take advantage of the outpatient services on campus. Examples of services provided include medical care for illnesses and minor injuries, medication dispensed by the Center’s pharmacy for short-term treatment of acute problems, and basic laboratory services. This fee does NOT COVER emergency room or hospital visits. Please note that purchasing the Student Health Center Fee DOES NOT take the place of health insurance.
how to make a payment
- Applicants submit payments for the application fee, deposit and program through their online application. Applicants can access their application by logging in to their Acceptd online account and clicking the yellow “continue” button next to their ADF application to continue on to the next application or payment phase.
- When completing the initial online application, applicants must submit a $50 application fee.
- Once accepted into the program, the applicant will be taken into the scholarship phase where they can apply for all scholarship opportunities available at ADF! No payments required at this phase of the application.
- After submitting the scholarship application (or selecting they do not want to apply for scholarships), applicants will be moved into the $300 deposit phase and must complete the deposit to confirm their spot in the program within 30 days of acceptance.
- Applicants may also call to make a payment over the phone or mail a check.
- For payment assistance, please contact our online registration platform (Acceptd) through email at email@example.com or phone at 888-725-2122.
- ADF accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
- Personal checks
- Bank check, certified check, or cashier check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708.
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the May 1st deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PAYMENTS MADE IN PERSON, OVER THE PHONE, OR BY CHECK MAY NOT APPEAR IN YOUR ADF ONLINE ACCOUNT immediately. SCHOLARSHIPS MAY ALSO NOT SHOW UP IN ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL THE ADF OFFICE FOR UPDATED ACCOUNT INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING A PAYMENT.
Withdrawal (Accepted students)
- Summer 2019:
- May 15, 2019: All paid tuition (less the $300 deposit), dorm room fees, and meal plan fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 16–June 29, 2019: Tuition (less the $300 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed note from a doctor is required. Dorm room fees and meal plan will be refunded in full.
- After June 29, 2019: Tuition and meal plans will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated dorm room fees will be refunded by December 2019 if a student leaves the festival early, based on the date that a student’s room key is returned.
- All withdrawals from a program will incur a $40 withdrawal fee. ADF refunds, if applicable, will be processed within 3-4 weeks of withdrawing.
Withdrawal (Students not accepted into the program)
- Students not accepted into the Pre-Professional Dance Intensive will be refunded all tuition, dorm, meal, and any additional fees paid towards the program. The only non-refundable fee for students not accepted is the $50 application fee.
- Refunds for students not accepted into the Pre-Professional Dance Intensive will be issued within two weeks of admittance notification.
After Summer Refunds
- Summer 2019: Refunds for dorm damage and key deposits will be refunded by December 2019, after ADF receives final billing from Duke University.
The ADF School welcomes and encourages students from around the world to apply to the ADF School. International students enhance the ADF community and contribute to the education and personal growth of fellow students and faculty. Over the years, ADF has hosted students from many countries including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Guyana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad, to name just a few.
ADF can provide limited support for obtaining a visa to attend ADF. Pre-Professional Dance Intensive international students who need a visa to attend ADF should email firstname.lastname@example.org EARLY so that the visa is obtained in a timely manner. Visa appointments may need to be booked as early as three months in advance of the festival.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.