2019 details to be announced MID-NOVEMBER!
Summer 2018 Tuition
|DPW (Educator) Tuition||$875|
|DPW (Other) Tuition||$650|
Summer 2018 Optional Fees
|Single A/C Dorm||$330*||Weekly rate|
|Double A/C Dorm||$255*||Weekly rate|
|Dorm Key Deposit||$125*||Required for dorm residents|
|Conference Food Points||$210||Conference Food Points required for dorm residents|
|Conference Food Points (off-campus)||$25 increments||Optional Conference Food Points for off-campus residents|
|Parking||$3* per day||Payable upon arrival at ADF|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50||For students who require bank to bank wire transfer|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
*These fees are estimates. Finalized amounts will be confirmed in early Spring.
The application fee and tuition are the only required fees. All other fees listed above are optional. Certain fees will be required depending on the student’s housing and personal preferences.
- Dorms cannot be guaranteed unless paid by May 1, 2019.
- All housing and meal plan prices are approximate and subject to minor revision, pending notice from Duke University.
how to apply
- Fill out an online application form (to be released mid-November for Summer 2019)
- $50 non-refundable application fee (not credited toward tuition)
- Submit a résumé of your dance training, education, and professional experience via the online application.
|April 1||Scholarship application deadline|
|April 15||Scholarship awards announced|
|May 1||Payment due in full|
|May 15||All completed forms due|
|May 15||Last day to withdraw and receive a refund, less the $300 deposit, $50 application fee, and a $40 withdrawal fee.|
HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
Participants in all programs must provide ADF with proof of adequate health insurance coverage. Students are responsible for obtaining adequate coverage on their own. Proof of coverage must be provided before arrival. Students will not be allowed to take class until the ADF School office has their insurance information on file – no exceptions!
Duke University Student Health Center
For basic health needs that can be taken care of in a clinic, Duke University allows ADF students the option to pay a Student Health Center Fee and take advantage of the outpatient services on campus. Examples of services provided include medical care for illnesses and minor injuries, medication dispensed by the Center’s pharmacy for short-term treatment of acute problems, and basic laboratory services. This fee does NOT COVER emergency room or hospital visits. Please note that purchasing the Student Health Center Fee DOES NOT take the place of health insurance.
- Applicants submit payment online through their application by logging in to complete the initial $50 application fee.
- Once accepted, the applicant will be taken into the $300 deposit phase and must complete the deposit to confirm their spot in the program within 30 days of acceptance.
- Applicants may also call to make a payment over the phone or mail a check.
- ADF accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
- Personal checks
- Bank check, certified check, or cashier check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708.
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the May 15th deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PAYMENTS MADE IN PERSON, OVER THE PHONE, OR BY CHECK MAY NOT APPEAR IN YOUR ADF ONLINE ACCOUNT immediately. SCHOLARSHIPS MAY ALSO NOT SHOW UP IN ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL THE ADF OFFICE FOR UPDATED ACCOUNT INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING A PAYMENT.
- Summer 2019:
- May 15, 2019: All paid tuition (less the $300 deposit), dorm room fees, and meal plan fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 16–start of respective week 2019: Tuition (less the $300 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed note from a doctor is required. Dorm room fees and meal plan will be refunded in full.
- After program begins: Tuition will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated dorm room fees will be refunded by December 2019 if a student leaves the festival early, based on the date that a student’s room key is returned.
- All withdrawals from a program will incur a $40 withdrawal fee. ADF refunds, if applicable, will be processed within 3-4 weeks of withdrawing.
After Summer Refunds
- Summer 2019: Refunds for dorm damage and key deposits will be refunded by December 2019, after ADF receives final billing from Duke University.
The ADF School welcomes and encourages students from around the world to apply to the ADF School. International students enhance the ADF community and contribute to the education and personal growth of fellow students and faculty. Over the years, ADF has hosted students from many countries including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Guyana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad, to name just a few.
ADF can provide limited support for obtaining a J-1 visa to attend ADF. International students who need a visa to attend ADF should email firstname.lastname@example.org EARLY so that the visa is obtained in a timely manner. Visa appointments may need to be booked as early as three months in advance of the festival.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.