Use landscape orientation. Lighting should be focused towards your face. Place the camera on a stable surface, tripod, or have a friend hold it as steady as they can.
VIDEO TIPS and guidelines
- We prefer that you edit your video materials into one video to upload.You are limited to max 2 files per submission.
- Ensure the recording is good quality and has appropriate lighting so we can see you. A general rule of thumb is to make sure you are facing the light source, otherwise you are backlit and will be in shadow. If filming with your smart phone, please use landscape orientation.
- You should be the only person in the video. Do not send videos of yourself in a class or performance with other dancers. The notable exception to this rule is choreography submissions, which may feature other dancers. In which case, clearly identify yourself in the clips if you are not the only person in the shot.
- At least one of the clips used in your portfolio should be no more than 1 year old.
- Indicate when and where the clip/s are recorded.
- There are many accessible and free editing programs available on your computer and device. iPhones: iMovie, Splice, Clips. Android: Adobe Premiere Clip, FilmoraGo. Mac: iMovie. PC: Movie Maker 10. There are many more- do your research!
- Upload directly to the online application. You will be able to change the name of the file and add a description if needed.