The American Dance Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, or race.
Year Round Employment (full time positions unless noted)
Position Title: Director of Grants and Development Operations
Reports To: ADF Director
Qualifications: A successful candidate will: have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; be highly organized and detail oriented; be able to consistently meet deadlines, prioritize, and function independently or as active team member; work well in a fast-paced environment; be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and databases (Filemaker Pro preferred); be able to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity; be able to work nights and weekends, especially during the season (June – July). Must have at least 5 years of development and grant writing experience. Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of the Triangle community preferred.
Job Summary: Director of Grants and Development Operations is responsible for managing the grants calendar and ensuring that all deadlines are met. The Director will write and gather material for all proposals and complete all reporting requirements for government, foundation, and recurring corporate grants. The Director manages all aspects of the development database.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage departmental grants calendar to meet deadlines and maintain funding relationships in a timely manner
- Writes proposals, interim reports, and final reports for foundation, government and current corporate grants
- Maintains all current Corporate, Foundation, Government Development files
- Organizes development related mailings
- Maintains and updates all lists of annual Government Officials and Funders
- Maintains and tracks all records relating to endowment and special fund donations
- Researches prospective new funders/grants opportunities
- Assists as needed with the Gala and all events specifically related to donors/development
- Gathers relevant data/statistics needed for all grant reports
- Oversees the data collection of all ADF activities and the creation of a season fact sheet
- Works with the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau to prepare an annual report on the economic impact of ADF
- In collaboration with ADF Director and ADF Director of Finance, develop budgets and financial materials for proposals and reports
- Maintain donor lists and other supplementary tracking materials
- Gathers season playbills, brochures, and articles
- Execute monthly reports documenting grants submitted, grant proposals due, research of new funding sources and documenting if actual funding source, and grants received.
- Maintains development section of database, enters donations into database, and runs reports
- Scans all grant notification letters and related materials for development folder on server
- Prepare monthly fundraising reports that detail funds raised by foundations, recurring corporations, and government agencies.
- Responsible for creating Master Contributors List used in the playbill and annual report
- Develop and implement a short- and long-term strategy for securing financial support from a diversified group foundation and government funders.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing samples of one grant proposal and one letter, and three work references to:
American Dance Festival
Durham, NC 27708-0772
Deadline to apply: September 19, 2014
Please no phone or email inquiries.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
All positions full at this time.